ResearchBib Share Your Research, Maximize Your Social Impacts
Sign for Notice Everyday Sign up >> Login

Determination of Recreational Trend and Demands of the People of Çanakkale City

Journal: COMU Journal of Agriculture Faculty (Vol.2, No. 1)

Publication Date:

Authors : ; ;

Page : 27-36

Keywords : Çanakkale; Recreation; Urban recreation; Urban parks;

Source : Downloadexternal Find it from : Google Scholarexternal


This study has been planned on the basis to determine the recreational trend and demands of the people of five different selected locations namely, Old and New Kordon, Sarıçay and its vicinity, Public Park, and Liberty Park in the city center of Çanakkale. Recreational demeanor and the demands of people along with the recreation facilities have been planned to be developed in the direction of these claims during this study. In order to bring up the behavior of users in general as well as economically was transferred to the surveyed questionnaire aimed to be revealed the relationships between different recreational users and pressures on the environment. According to the results, data were obtained regarding user characteristics, user–resource relationship, the state of satisfaction in urban recreational areas and participation in recreational. In the light of survey data if 23.7% of people could defined to have a relaxing time at home then the remaining part (76.3%) is involved in active or passive recreational activities. Consequently, it was stated that the large majority of the urban people (89.7%) go anywhere for participating recreational activities, and the preferred areas for easy access to recreation (43.2%) is the first preference of the people.

Last modified: 2018-02-01 20:30:16