INDICATOR FEATURES OF ARTERIAL PRES- SURE DAILY REGULATION IN YOUNG AND MIDDLE-AGED PATIENTS WITH STAGE II HYPERTENSIONJournal: Art of Medicine (Vol.3, No. 2)
Publication Date: 2019-05-28
Authors : T.P. Onyshchuk;
Page : 81-87
Keywords : hypertension disease; daily monitor- ing;
In the article, the sex and age-related differences in the nature of daily blood pressure regula- tion in young and middle- aged patients with stage II hypertension have been determined. With this purpose, a complex examination of 160 patients with stage II hyper- tension was performed. All patients were divided into groups according to age: young patients (men and women (n = 40) aged 18-44) and middle-aged (men and women (n = 40) aged 45-60). In 76 (47.5%) cases, young patients ( up to 45 years old, average age 34.3 ± 0.8) were regis- tered, the remaining 84 (52.5%) composed a middle-aged group (45-60 years old, mean age - 53.7 ± 0.5). The aver- age age and proportion of young and middle-aged pa- tients were not significantly different (χ2 = 0.80; p = 0.37). The diagnosis of hypertension disease has been verified based on valid criteria. Everyone was given a daily monitoring of blood pressure using the apparatus "AVRM-04" Meditech (Hungary). Measurement of blood pressure and heart rate were performed every 30 minutes during the day (from 7 o'clock in the morning to 10 o'clock at night) and every 60 minutes at night (from 10 o'clock at night until 7 o'clock in the morning). When analyzing the data obtained during arterial pressure daily monitoring, the most informative turned out to be the following group of parameters: average values of blood pressure (systolic, diastolic, pulse) and heart rate per day, day and night; maximum and minimum values of blood pressure in different periods of the day; indicators of "pressure load" (pressure load index) per day, day and night; daily index (DI) - the degree of night decrease in blood pressure; variability of blood pressure (systolic, diastolic) per day, day, night; morning rise of blood pres- sure (magnitude and rate of early rise of blood pressure). Statistical data processing was carried out using the StatSoft "Statistica" V. 12.0 application package in ac- cordance with the recommendations. The survey showed that middle-aged patients had more severe violations of blood pressure daily regu- lations and the increase in such indicators as daily systol- ic blood pressure, systolic blood pressure per day, aver- age daily blood pressure, variability of systolic blood pressure per day and night, according to daily blood pres- sure monitoring as compared to younger patients. Also in middle-aged patients, an increase in cases of registration of the non-dipper pathological profile determined by the dynamics of systolic blood pressure and diastolic blood pressure and the tendency to decrease the physiological profile of "dipper", determined by the dynamics of systol- ic blood pressure, especially in males. In men, regardless of age, in comparison with women, more severe violations of blood pressure daily regulation have been recorded, which concerned such indicators as: systolic blood pressure per day, the average daily blood pressure, the variability of systolic blood pressure per day, the variability of systolic blood pressure per day, variability of diastolic blood pressure. In addi- tion, it was associated with the tendency to increase cases with the profile of "non-dipper" and "night-pakers", de- termined by the dynamics of systolic blood pressure. The most convincing gender differences in the nature of daily blood pressure regulation were maintained in middle- aged patients.
Other Latest Articles
Last modified: 2019-07-10 17:25:52