9/11: A LETHAL BLOW ON HUMANITY AND A DATE WHICH WILL CONTINUE LIVING IN INFAMYJournal: SRJ'S FOR HUMANITY SCIENCES & ENGLISH LANGUAGE (Vol.4, No. 21)
Publication Date: 2017-06-04
Authors : Ranbeer Kumar;
Page : 5056-5065
Keywords : Falling Man; 9/11; attack; tower; terrorist; CIA; FBI; humanity; life; religion; God; faith.;
In my paper I have tried to study the 9/11 causes and its consequences revolving around Don DeLillo's novel Falling Man. The plot of Falling Man revolves around the 9/11 incident in a circular manner which starts from the attack and finishes at the same point and shows the change in an individual in the likes of Keith and other characters greatly throughout the novel. I also intend to analyze 9/11 incident in the lights of science and politics and the loopholes in the system which gave way to the attack. Falling Man is quite symbolical as it represents the falling humanity and falling of ethics and faith at the same time. Throughout the novel, Lianne sees an artist nicknamed Falling Man in various parts of New York, who suspends himself upside-down with rope and a harness in the pose of the man in the famous photograph of the same name by Richard Drew. It is not just the man who is falling from the skyscraper tower but its humanity which declines and divides people on the basis of religion, region or nation.
Other Latest Articles
- SOCIO-ECONOMIC PROFILE OF MIGRANT MUSLIM WORKERS IN ANDAMAN & NICOBAR ISLANDS
- CULTURAL CONFLICT IN MARK TULLY'S "KUMBH MELA"
- A STUDY ON THE INFLUENCE OF EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF SECONDARY SCHOOL CHILDREN IN KALLURU MANDAL KURNOOL DISTRICT
- RIGIDITY AMONG PERSPECTIVE TEACHERS IN RELATION TO DISCIPLINE AND GENDER
- READING BETWEEN THE LINES: AN APPRAISAL OF CHEMMEEN THROUGH THE LENS OF TRANSLATION
Last modified: 2017-06-08 17:27:54