CHARACTERIZATION OF FAILURES IN SCHOOL BUILDINGS EXPOSED IN AGRESSIVE ENVIRONMENT M4 OF FALCON STATEJournal: GACETA TÉCNICA (Vol.17, No. 1)
Publication Date: 2017-06-30
Authors : María Alice Olavarrieta; Francisco Chong; Karelia Ramones; Salvatore Garagozzo; Jesús Sánchez; Ernesto Álvarez; Ana Acero; Luis Reinoza;
Page : 61-80
Keywords : Aggressive environment; failure; corrosion; durability of reinforced concrete;
The present investigation focused on establishing a characterization of public used reinforced concrete constructions such as school units in the coastal zone of Chichiriviche and Tucacas in Venezuela's Falcon State, exposed to highly corrosive environments and built with inadequate construction techniques. The ultimate aim was to make recommendations to regional bodies so that they could make structural interventions more precisely and assertively. The study was carried out in seven educational units, in which planimetric surveys were carried out, the collection of fault symptoms, tests in some structural members and finally a general evaluation of damages that allowed identifying their durability and particular recommendations for each school building. As a result, these units of different construction ages were in a better state of conservation, when compared directly to the sample evaluated in 2006 in private multifamily buildings, which were even younger than this sample. It was recommended for all cases that they apply a programmed and technical continuous maintenance system, which goes beyond the systems of paints whose substrate is not properly prepared, resulting in a process of superficial repair and aesthetic ineffective.
Other Latest Articles
- IMPLEMENTATION OF QUATUM GIS GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SYSTEM TO REGISTER THE CONDITIONS OF THE L003 LA ROAD IN VENEZUELA
- FROM ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE TO URBAN SPACE. TRANSFORMING VIA FLAMINIA INTO A NEW CULTURAL AXIS OF ROME
- SAFETY VERSUS ECONOMY IN DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF ENGINEERING WORKS: SHOULD YOU CHOOSE?
- Comparative analysis between HEC-RAS MODELS and IBER in the hydraulic assessment of bridges
- Pada masa itu...Dr. Herman Embuiru, SVD Rektor Seminari St. Paulus Ledalero 1978-1984 Pendobrak yang Tak Kenal Kompromi
Last modified: 2017-07-02 02:05:57