WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT AMONG LISTED COMPANIES OF PAKISTANJournal: INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RESEARCH -GRANTHAALAYAH (Vol.5, No. 2)
Publication Date: 2017-02-28
Authors : Waqar-ul-Hassan; Mohsin Zubair; Zeeshan Hasnain; Shahbaz Hussain;
Page : 80-91
Keywords : Working Capital Management; Firm Performance; Panel Data Analysis.;
The study aims to investigate the strength of working capital management for measuring the financial performance of listed stocks. The study incorporates descriptive statistics, Pearson correlation, and multiple regression models for interpretation and execution of data. Five years (2006-11) panel data of 125 listed companies of Pakistan stock exchange (PSX) is selected in accordance to sample selection criterion. Results of regression analysis supported an inverse relationship between firm`s profitability and working capital management. Return on asset and Gross operation income are taken as indicators of profitability. Inventory turnover in days, Average age of A/R, Average payable period and Cash conversion cycle are considered as independent variables to measure firm's profitability. Firm size, Sales growth, and financial debt ratio are favored as control variables. Overall Return on asset models indicated poor values of Rsquare`s and Gross operating income models showed robustness.
Other Latest Articles
- BIOMETRIC ATTENDANCE MONITORING SYSTEM OF CAGAYAN STATE UNIVERSITY – LASAM CAMPUS, PHILIPPINES
- STUDY OF PERINATAL MORTALITY IN TERM BREECH PRESENTATION WITH INCREASING CAESAREAN SECTION RATE
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF UNIFIED POWER QUALITY CONTROLLER
- IS ULYSSES REALLY HARD TO UNDERSTAND?
- CRYPTOGRAPHIC APPROACH TO ELIMINATE BLACK HOLE ATTACK IN MANET
Last modified: 2017-08-19 19:43:16