VIDEO MINING AND ANOMALY DETECTION ? SURVEY?Journal: International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing - IJCSMC (Vol.3, No. 2)
Publication Date: 2014-02-28
Authors : Subashree.D Sobitha Ahila.S;
Page : 729-734
Keywords : Video processing; Video information retrieval; Video mining; Video association mining;
Data mining is a process of extracting previously unknown knowledge and detecting the interesting pattern from a massive set of data. The amount of multimedia data available to users has increased exponentially. Video is an example of multimedia data. It contains several kinds of data such as text, image, meta-data, visual and audio. It is widely used in many applications like security and surveillance, entertainment, medicine, education programs and sports. In many surveillance mission’s huge amounts of data need to be gathered, evaluated and analyzed in order to make the right decision. Interesting events or threats are often hidden within these large amounts of data. The discovery of interesting events is one of the core problem areas of the data-mining research community. Compared to the mining of other types of data, video data mining is still in its infancy. There are many challenging research problems existing with video mining. Beginning with an overview of the video data mining literature, this paper concludes with the applications of video mining.
Other Latest Articles
- Examination of the Impact of Book Entries on Creative Accounting
- Integration of Touch Technology in Restaurants using Android?
- The Effect of Creative Accounting on Audit Failure: The Case of Manufacturing Companies Quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange
- Vampire Attacks: Topology Discovery in Wireless Ad Hoc Sensor Networks
- Women in Corporate Boards and Financial Reporting Credibility: Evidence from Nigeria
Last modified: 2014-03-01 20:09:36