A TECHNIQUE FOR IMPROVING CAKEPHP WEB PAGE RESPONSE TIMEJournal: International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing - IJCSMC (Vol.3, No. 2)
Publication Date: 2014-02-28
Authors : Pharaoh Chaka Hilton Chikwiriro;
Page : 834-855
Keywords : web performance; web development; PHP frameworks; response time; AJAX;
Research on web performance has mainly concentrated on the network medium over which pages are transmitted. While it is quite clear that it is the speed of transmission that has the greatest effect on the perceived page load time on the client, this research seeks to evaluate the effect of web development practices particularly the use of PHP frameworks on the response time of web pages. The goal is to find a way that can significantly reduce the response time of framework-based web pages. The technique to be considered by this research is the use of AJAX technology to load dynamic content. In this proposed technique, when a user accesses a website for the first time in a session, a general template (consisting of HTML and CSS files) of the page is sent to the browser and displayed before the dynamic content starts loading. This technique uses the general idea that once a user sees something appearing on the screen they become patient and wait for the rest of the page to load.
Other Latest Articles
- The Role of Web Content Mining and Web Usage Mining in Improving Search Result Delivery?
- WIRELESS MESH NETWORKS: ISSUES AND CHALLENGES?
- Radio-diagnosis of fecoliths and its non-surgical management in dogs
- Specific antibody response of village chickens to single or combined Newcastle disease and infectious bursal disease vaccines
- Seroprevalence of Mycoplasma gallisepticum infection in backyard and commercial layer chickens in Bhola district, Bangladesh
Last modified: 2014-03-06 19:49:54