REFLECTIONS ON EDUCATION IN SPAIN: PROPOSALS FOR THE FUTUREJournal: Problems of Education in the 21st Century (Vol.15, No. 1)
Publication Date: 2009-11-15
Authors : Víctor Santiuste Bermejo; David Padilla Góngora;
Page : 29-40
Keywords : educational situation; education system; indicators; compulsory education;
This article analyzes the educational situation in the spanish schools, on the basis of the different evaluations realized by international organizations, the opinion of the most reppresentative political parties, the last researchs and publications related with the topic, and finally the opinion of the teachers and parents. It notes the need to promote concrete changes in our education system, saying this need on the basis of school failure, dropouts and their evolution in recent years. It is shown with consistent evidence that our current education system has no mechanisms to reduce the actual negative indicators. It suggests three basic principles on which the change we propose can be based, based on a thorough analysis of the situation of compulsory education in Spain on the basis of the most urgent problems highlighted by the faculty and parents. Finally, it suggests five important goals to achieve and different lines in educational research that, in a priority way, must be enhanced to achieve the goals.
Other Latest Articles
- STUDIES OF ADVERSE DRUG REACTION PROFILE OF ANTISNAKE VENOM AT DISTRICT GENERAL HOSPITAL
- ECONOMIC CHANGES DEMAND TO MOVE FROM LIFE LONG LEARNING TO LIFE WIDE LEARNING
- STABITY INDICATING DISSOLUTION METHOD DEVELOPMENT FOR ESTIMATION OF METHYLDOPA AND HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE IN COMBINE DOSAGE FORM
- RANKING SECONDARY SCHOOLS AND STUDENTS IN NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS: THE EFFECT ON PROMOTION RATES AND PERFORMANCE TRENDS IN SCHOOLS IN KENYA
- QUALITY OF EDUCATION: FASHION OR NECESSITY?!
Last modified: 2017-09-22 03:19:50