WATER CHEMISTRY AND ALGAL FLORA OF CRYOGENIC LAKES IN THE ARCTIC BASIN OF THE LOWER YENISEI RIVERJournal: Synergy of Science (Vol.16, No. 1)
Publication Date: 2017-10-31
Authors : Bessudova A.Y. Sorokovikova L.M. Bukin Y.S. Rodionova E.V. Minaev A.V. Firsova A.D. Tomberg I.V. Likhoshway Y;
Page : 0-0
Keywords : basin of the Lower Yenisei; cryogenic lakes; water chemistry; phytoplankton; statistic analysis.;
In this paper, we discuss results of our comprehensive studies of cryogenic lakes in the Arctic basin of the Lower Yenisei. 7 lakes were sampled for water chemistry and hydrobiology research in autumn 2009. The lakes are low mineralized (13.6–143 mg/L). Water рН varies from neutral (6.79) to weakly alkaline (8.4). Dissolved oxygen concentration is high (11.3–13.1 mg/L). By content of biogenic elements the lakes studied may be classified oligotrophic, the concentration of nitrogen and phosphorous do not exceed a tenth of mg/L. We found in the lakes 186 species and intraspecific taxa of microalgae. A feature of the algal plankton of the cryogenic lake of the Lower Yenisei is a diverse and occasionally abundant flora of scaled chrysophytes, and a low content of diatoms characteristic for autumnal phytoplankton of the northern lakes.
Other Latest Articles
- SYSTEM OF TASKS FOR STUDYING THE BASICS OF WORK IN THE LATEX SYSTEM WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE THEME "GEOMETRIC CONSTRUCTIONS IN THE LATEX SYSTEM"
- MATRIX METHODS AS A TOOL OF EFFECTIVE FUNCTIONING OF ENTERPRISES
- COMPOUND VERBS IN MENÂSİK-İ HACC
- FINANCE OF SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM IN EUROPE AND TURKEY ASSESMENT OF WELFARE MODELS
- REFLECTION OF FLUX AND TRANSFORMATION METAPHOR TO EDUCATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
Last modified: 2017-10-24 20:03:59