A QUALITATIVE STUDY OF THE IMPACT OF COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGY IN ADULT EDUCATION IN MOTIVATING TO PROMOTE THE SPEAKING SKILLS OF NON-NATIVE ADULT SPEAKERS OF ENGLISHJournal: INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RESEARCH -GRANTHAALAYAH (Vol.5, No. 12)
Publication Date: 2017-12-30
Authors : Dr Sivarajasingam Mahendran;
Page : 302-310
Keywords : Counseling; Approaches; Gestalt; Cognitive Behavioral; Reality/Choice; PersonCentered; Narrative; PADI (Problem Definition; Attempted Solutions; Desired Changes; Intervention Plan); NNASE (Non-Native Adult Speakers of English).;
This very small scale (due to limited time and resources) exploratory and almost wholly qualitative research (Qual–quan) study seeks to examine how non-native adult speakers of English (NNASE) can be motivated to speak English as a foreign language (EFL) more and better via the utilization of counseling psychology rather than through traditional teaching methods over a 3 month period of English language lessons in a classroom environment. The approach taken in this study resembles the Oral Approach and Situational Language Teaching but it is more than those traditional methods used in the 1950s through the 1960s in British and Australian schools, and involves a combination of Communicative Language Teaching (CLT) approach, widely used from mid-1970s to the 1980s period, Task-based Language Teaching (TBLT) approach and Counseling Learning Techniques.
Other Latest Articles
- NATURE EDUCATION TEACHING TECHNIQUES FOR HEARING IMPAIRED PEOPLE
- Barcelona más allá de Barcelona. La ciudad cinematográfica transformada en otras ciudades
- Allelopathic potential of some essential oils vis-à-vis three noxious weed species invading cereals
- PRESUMPTIVE DIAGNOSIS OF MALARIA IN FEBRILE CHILDREN; IS IT JUSTIFIED?
- REDUCTION OF ACTIVE POWER LOSS & STATIC VOLTAGE STABILITY MARGIN ENHANCEMENT BY VIRAL SYSTEM ALGORITHM
Last modified: 2018-01-22 18:44:45