Study the Synergistic Inhibition for Nanocomposite Based on Biosynthesized Iron Nanoparticle and Purine Compounds on Steel Corrosion in Sulfuric AcidJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.3, No. 4)
Publication Date: 2014-04-15
Authors : Ahmed A. Farag; W. Ahmed; Khaled Zakaria; Ibrahim M. Nassar;
Page : 870-876
Keywords : Metals; Nanostructures; Organic compounds; electrochemical techniques; and Corrosion;
Nanocomposite material based on Iron nanoparticles colloidal (Fe?NPC) and Purine were used through this work. (Fe? NPC) was biosynthesized and characterized by dynamic light scattering (DLS) and UV-visible spectroscopy. Fe?NPC was evaluated as synergistic inhibition with two purine inhibitors namely 1H-pyrazolo[3,4-d]pyrimidin-4(2H)-one (PU1) and 6-[(1-methyl-4-nitro-5- imidazolyl) sulfanyl] purine (PU2) on the corrosion of carbon steel in 0.5 mol dm-3 H2SO4 solution by electrochemical techniques. The potentidynamic polarization curves indicated that PU1 and PU2 behave as a mixed-type inhibitor while in the presence of Fe?NPC and its mixture with PU1 and PU2 behave as a cathodic inhibitor. There is a synergism between purine inhibitors and the biosynthesis Fe? NPC, and the values of synergism parameter (S) are higher than unity.
Other Latest Articles
- Variation of Seed Morphology of Different Sources and its Contribution to Seed Germination of Santalum Album L.
- Study to Assess the Knowledge and Attitude towards Nursing Profession among College Teachers in Karad
- Decision Making Process Model Framework
- Ultrasonic Study of Molecular Interaction in Binary Liquid Mixtures at 303 K, 308 K and 313 K
- Privacy Data Publishing Using Slicing and Tuple Grouping Strategy
Last modified: 2014-05-07 17:09:14