ResearchBib Share Your Research, Maximize Your Social Impacts
Sign for Notice Everyday Sign up >> Login


Journal: Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences (IAJPS) (Vol.05, No. 05)

Publication Date:

Authors : ;

Page : 3854-3858

Keywords : Ureteral stone; Ureteroscope; Swiss Lithoclast;

Source : Downloadexternal Find it from : Google Scholarexternal


Objective: The objective of the study was to determine the safety and efficiency of the patients undergoing ureteroscopic lithotripsy – a surgical procedure. Study Design: The design of the study was interventional.Place & Duration: The study was carried out in Nishtar Hospital Multan in the duration of one year from Dec 2016 to Dec 2017. Methodology: The patients under discussion were from both genders. The subjects' routine medical exam, laboratory tests, blood pictures, ultra-sounds and x-rays were collected and patients with ureters stone of 1.5cm or less were segregated for the study. The Semi-rigid Ureteroscopic (6.0) with Swiss Lithoclast lithotripter was used.Results: A sample of 320 patients was selected according to inclusion criteria. Female to male ratio was 1:1.6 and average age value for the sample was calculated as 30.5 year. The stone diameters were averagely 1.2 cm. In 95% cases (n=304), the procedures yielded outstanding results. The stones were broken and crushed successfully. In remaining 16 cases (5%), the procedure was postponed. Among them, 3% cases were due to the reason that ureteroscope could not locate the exact position of the stones whereas in 2% cases JJ stent were used where the stones floated up I the kidney (p< 0.05). The operative and post-operative complications such as simple mucosal injury, minor bleeding urinary tract infection persisting haematuria were noted in the subjects. The surgery time was less than one hour in all cases and ranged from 22 to 55 minutes. Except the patients with post-operative complications, rests were discharged from the hospitals within 24 hours of operation. Post operation visits till 3rd week demonstrated the stone residual pieces only in 6 patients. Conclusion: In spite of the fact that our study has yielded encouraging results for ureteroscope lithotripsy with merely a day at hospital but is subordinate on numerous possibly changeable and process-related components. Key Words: Ureteral stone, Ureteroscope, Swiss Lithoclast

Last modified: 2018-05-21 17:44:06