Effect Of High Lithium Carbonate Doses On Rat Brain Content Of Some NeurotransmittersJournal: INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ADVANCED RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS (Vol.1, No. 5)
Publication Date: 2017-11-20
Authors : Nabil M. Abdel-Hamid; Al-Saffar; MA; Fawzy; MA;
Page : 395-400
Keywords : Lithium carbonate High doses Brain tissue Antidepressant Experimental study Bipolar Disorders Neurotransmitters Amino acids.;
We pursued the effect of high doses of lithium carbonate on rat brain neurotransmitters and their precursors with spot on needed minerals for their synthesis at different periods. The use of high doses of anti depressants was reported without reference advice we tried toxic doses 150 mgkgd on four groups of rats 6each. They were randomly recruited into a control group given only saline by same volume and duration group 1 acute study given a single dose for 2 hours group 2 sub-acute study group given a dose each 3 days for 2 weeks group 3 and a chronic study group given dose each 3 days for a month group 4. Brain content of - aminobutyrate GABA glycine histamine precursor histidine dopamine precursors tyrosine and phenyl alanine were significantly decreased after 2 hours 2 weeks and one month of administration possibly assuming a role of lithium in depression management with dual role in conversion of these amino acids into protein to maintain tissue integrity. These pathways may explore better understanding for lithium actions with a non-harmful action of large doses at brain tissue level apart from extra cranial tissues.
Other Latest Articles
- Analysis Of Non-Uniformly Prestressed Tapered Beams With Exponentially Varying Thickness Resting On Vlasov Foundation Under Variable Harmonic Load
- Principals Human Capital Development Practices For Enhancing Staff Personnel Administration In Secondary Schools In Oyo State Nigeria
- Production And Quality Evaluation Of Imitation Yoghurt From Blends Of Cow Milk And Cashewnut Milk Anacadium Ocidentale
- Basic Education In Nigeria For Global Competitiveness The Way Forward.
- Social Media And The Moroccan Society
Last modified: 2018-06-03 19:54:05