Impact of Front Line Demonstration on the Yield and Economics of Chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) in Sidhi District of Madhya PradeshJournal: The Journal of AgriSearch (JAS) (Vol.1, No. 1)
Publication Date: 2014-03-27
Authors : DHANANJAI SINGH; AK PATEL; MS BAGHEL; SK SINGH; ALKA SINGH; AK SINGH;
Page : 22-25
Keywords : Chickpea; FLD; Impact; Adoption gap; B: C ratio;
In front line demonstration on chickpea, highest grain yield (15.32 q/ha) was recorded in variety JG-226. It was 92.7 per cent higher yield over the farmers practice (7.95 q/ha). An average yield of 13.11 q/ha was recorded in on-farm testing and front line demonstration and in farmers practice it was just 8.05 q/ha. Thus, the average technology gap, extension gap and technology index of 16.89 q/ha, 5.05 q/ha and 56.30 per cent respectively were obtained between demonstrated and farmers practice. The average yield of chick pea increased 62.42 per cent over farmers practice, while the year wise variation in yield increase was 49.8 to 92.7 per cent.
Other Latest Articles
- Effects of Social Media in the Tourism Industry of Batangas Province
- Enhancing Water Productivity to Improve Chickpea Production in Bansagar Command Area of Madhya Pradesh
- The Manufacturing Sector of Ghana: Are There Any Macroeconomic Disturbances?
- Extrusion Characteristic of Bengal Gram Brokens and Maize Flour Blends for Preparation of Extruded Snack Food
- Happiness, Leisure and Tourism vs Household Budget in Iran
Last modified: 2014-06-16 16:13:22