Palm Biometrics: Testimony of SecurityJournal: International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology (IJESRT) (Vol.3, No. 6)
Publication Date: 2014-06-30
Authors : Nancy; Abhilasha;
Page : 25-32
Keywords : Cataloguing; EER-Equal; FRR-False Reject Rate; FAR-False Accept Rate; PIN- Personal Identity Number;
Now a days, whenever we think of developing a system or software, the first thing that comes in one’s mind is Security. We always think whether the given system is secure enough to use or not? This question arises because Security is no more secure word in today’s world because of unlawful persons. So, to provide assertion there comes an epoch i.e. BIOMETRICS. This field has gained wide popularity all over the universe, as it recognizes our Biological or Physiological characteristics and assures whether the person is approved or not to use the system. Biometrics is an authentication tool and its level of security is much higher as compared to passwords or PIN. This paper presents a Biometric System based on palm geometry oriented to contact based but peg free scenario. This paper has mainly four innovative aspects: A brief description about Biometrics. Secondly, comparisons between various technologies of Biometrics like Face, Hand, Iris and Finger based on different parameters. Thirdly, it explains the basic methodology used in Biometric Systems. Last but not the least recent work has been discussed in brief.
Other Latest Articles
- Numerically Analysis of Corrosion Resistance and Control Plate
- Optimization of Functional Food Ingredients and Their Processing Levels for Preparation of Vermicelli Using RSM
- Clinical and Molecular Epidemiology of Extended-Spectrum β-lactamase- Producing Klebsiellapneumoniae?
- An Innovative Method For Delay Reduction In VANETS
- SECURITY PROTOCOL FOR SENSOR NETWORK USING RSA?
Last modified: 2014-06-19 16:39:19