A Review on Interstitial Cystitis Syndrome (ICS)Journal: PharmaTutor (Vol.2, No. 4)
Publication Date: 2014-04-01
Authors : M Sushma; TVV Vidyadhar; R Mohanraj; M Babu;
Page : 31-36
Keywords : ;
Interstitial cystitis (IC) is an irritative bladder syndrome of multifactorial aetiology and is said to be one of the several conditions that causes bladder pain, which is most commonly seen in women than in men. It is of unknown aetiology. But some factors like autoimmune disorder, Genetic predisposition, Gynaecologic surgery in the past, History of recurrent UTIs. The body's immune system attacks the bladder, similar to other autoimmune conditions. The urologist may use a special scope called a cytoscope to look inside your bladder for inflammation, pinpoint bleeding. Management of IC is done by oral therapy of pentosanpolysulphate, Tricyclic anti-depressants, Anti-histamines, Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, Bladder analgesics. Whereas intravesical therapy Dimethyl sulphoxide, heparin, Bacillus calmette-Guerin
Other Latest Articles
- Identification of Bacterial Species by Combined Bioinformatic and Polymerase Chain Reaction
- FOOT STEP POWER GENERATION SYSTEM FOR RURAL ENERGY APPLICATION TO RUN AN AUTOMATED TOLL GATE SYSTEM?
- An Efficient Face Recognition using PCA and Euclidean Distance Classification?
- Application of Cloud Rank Framework to Achieve the Better Quality of Service (QoS) Ranking Prediction of Web Services
- PREVENTION OF VAMPIRE ATTACKS TO CONTROL ROUTING BEHAVIOR IN WIRELESS AD HOC SENSOR NETWORKS?
Last modified: 2014-06-24 12:59:23