Preventing child abuse and neglectJournal: Archives of Nursing Practice and Care (Vol.3, No. 3)
Publication Date: 2017-12-30
Authors : Vildan Cirik Sule Ciftcioglu; Emine Efe;
Page : 064-067
Keywords : Child abuse; Child neglect; Prevention; Nurse;
Aim: To inform about the prevention of child abuse and neglect. Method: This study was prepared as a compilation. The studies published between 2000 and 2017 were reviewed, researchers searched the keywords of “child abuse, child neglect, prevention, nurse” in Turkish and English on the international “PubMed”, “Embase”, “Ovid”, “ProQuest”, “Ebscohost” and national Turkish Medical Index. Results: Effective programmes are those that support parents and teach positive parenting skills. Some of the most effective responses for preventing child abuse and neglect focus on child-rearing, parentchild relationships and the family environment, including training in parenting. Nurses have a key role to play in identifying, treating and referring cases of abuse and neglect as well as reporting suspected cases of maltreatment to the appropriate authorities. Conclusion: Child abuse and neglect have a long-lasting impact on the child, their family and the following generations. In order to protect children from this situation, it is necessary to develop preventive programs and to develope and inforce legal ramifi cations.
Other Latest Articles
- Comparison of perceptions of HIV/AIDS between Cameroonian, Honduran and American nursing students after Peerled Education
- Mary Frances Crowley: Vision, Values and Principles still alive and fl ourishing?
- Resilience in later life: A critical role for Nursing?
- Erasmus Intensive Programmes focusing on care of the elderly: An innovative Nursing Educational Tool?
- Disclosure of cancer diagnosis to the patient: A cross-sectional assessment of public point-ofview in Saudi Arabia
Last modified: 2018-10-01 19:26:49