ResearchBib Share Your Research, Maximize Your Social Impacts
Sign for Notice Everyday Sign up >> Login

SOCIO-ECONOMIC IMPACT OF SHG ON TRIBAL WOMEN

Journal: IMPACT : International Journal of Research in Applied, Natural and Social Sciences ( IMPACT : IJRANSS ) (Vol.2, No. 6)

Publication Date:

Authors : ; ;

Page : 143-148

Keywords : Self Help Groups (SHGs); Tribal Women; Dharampur;

Source : Download Find it from : Google Scholarexternal

Abstract

Present study was conducted at Dharampur taluka of valsad district, Gujarat. According to 2001 census male population was 52% of total population and remaining 48% belong to female. Dharampur taluka has average literacy of both male and female 67% higher than national average of 59.5% educated and uneducated tribal women of Dharampur taluka in rural area are becoming socially and economically empowered through self help groups (SHGs) and they are providing support to individual families as well as common families in terms of economic aspects. Self help groups (SHGs) aim at providing the rural poor, especially women, with savings, credit and insurance and to improve household income security. This study examines economic and social benefits of SHGs programme implemented by Nongovernment organizations and Government agencies. There are 109 village which come under Dharmpur taluka and more than 1000 SHGs programme are running in Dharmpur taluka villages but out of them few SHGs groups are providing socio-economic benefit for beneficiaries particularly for Dharmpur tribal women. The present study is observed the impact of various programme in certain focal areas like social and economic. The analysis of facts revels that the socioeconomic benefits for tribal women beneficiary.

Other Latest Articles

Last modified: 2014-07-04 18:31:45