Acute Emphysematous Pyelonephritis in AdultsJournal: Cell & Cellular Life Sciences Journal (Vol.3, No. 3)
Publication Date: 2018-07-27
Authors : Singh H Pannu AK Mukherjee A Shankar G Suri V Bhalla A; Kumari S;
Page : 1-6
Keywords : Acute; Emphysematous Pyelonephritis;
Emphysematous pyelonephritis is an uncommon but life threatening condition, It is characterized by a gas producing acute severe necrotizing infection of renal parenchyma, perirenal and collecting system. Most of the patients have underlying uncontrolled diabetes mellitus. Escherichia Coli is the commonest organism. The computed tomography is gold standard imaging method for the diagnosis. Management strategies for this condition have evolved from invasive surgical interventions to conservative approach with antibiotics and image guided percutaneous drainage.
Other Latest Articles
- Syncytial Cell Surface of Placental Villi Associate with Obesity
- Effects of Indigo and Red Clover Extracts on MCF-7 Cancer Cells and MCF-12A Non-cancerous Cells
- If we Set an SBP Target of 120 mm Hg instead of 140 mm Hg for a Patient with Diabetes and at High-Risk of Cardiovascular Disease, will it Offer Any Additional Benefit?
- The Owl-Eyed, Herculean Cancroid- Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- The Anarchic Braid, Quiescence, Canker- Oral Lichen Planus
Last modified: 2019-05-10 21:14:03