Intelligent Approach for Data Collection in Wireless Sensor NetworksJournal: The International Arab Journal of Information Technology (Vol.10, No. 1)
Publication Date: 2013-01-01
Authors : Yujin Lim; Sanggil Kang;
Page : 36-42
Keywords : Coupled input; decoupled input; wireless sensor network; intelligent data collection.;
In wireless sensor networks, one of most important issues is data collection from sensors to sink. Many researchers employ a mathematical formula to select the next forwarding node in the network-wide manner. We are motivated that surrounding environments for nodes are different in time and space. Because different situations of nodes are not considered for selecting the next forwarding node, the performance of data collection is degraded. In this paper, we present an intelligent approach for data collection in sensor networks. We model a nonlinear cost function for determining the next forwarder according to the input types whether inputs are correlated or uncorrelated for generating the output of the function. In our method, the correlated inputs are presented in a weighted sum with the dependent fashion but the uncoupled inputs with an independent fashion in the nonlinear function. The weights in the functions are determined to the direction in which the reliability of data collection maximizes. In the experimental section, we show that our method outperforms other conventional methods with respect to the efficiency in data collection from sensors to sink.
Other Latest Articles
- Exploiting Hybrid Methods for Enhancing Digital X-Ray Images
- EFFECTS OF MAGNETIC TREATMENT OF BLOOD ON SOME MECHANISMS OF ANEMIA CORRECTION IN PATIENTS WITH SEPISIS DURING EXTRACORPOREAL BLOOD PURIFICATION
- A Framework of Summarizing XML Documents with Schemas
- BRONCHIAL ASTHMA IN CHILDREN: IS IT POSSIBLE TO PREVENT THE DISEASE?
- An Efficient Group Key Agreement Scheme for Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks
Last modified: 2019-05-14 17:47:35