DEVELOPMENTAL DYSPLASIA OF THE HIP AMONG INFANTSJournal: International journal of ecosystems and ecology science (IJEES) (Vol.9, No. 2)
Publication Date: 2019-06-25
Authors : Ilir Smailaj Edi Gjika Dritan Ulqinaku Rrahman Shala Afrim Avdaj Mustafa Abdullah;
Page : 343-348
Keywords : developmental dysplasia; hip; infant;
Developmental dysplasia of the hip (DDH) describes the spectrum of structural abnormalities that involve the growing hip. This article represents a retrospective study of 3306 newborns and infants examined in the Regional Hospital Centre in Prizren, Kosovo. 2878 (87.1%) out of 3306 infants were not treated as the majority of them (99%) belonged to stages Ia/Ib (2845/2878) and the rest (1%) (33/2878) belonged to the stage IIa. According to gender, a significant linear trend of increasing proportion of females in stages IIIa to IV was found (p=0.02). Bilateral coxofemoral dysplasia was found in 62 (47.7%) of boys (62/130) and in 146 (49%) of girls (146/298), without a significant difference between them (p=0.8). Early diagnosis and treatment is critical to provide the best possible functional outcome. Different screening programs have been devised to recognize DDH as soon as possible.
Other Latest Articles
- TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM ROUTE OPTIMIZATION OF MUNICIPAL SOLID WASTE - CASE OF SOUTH OF THE BLACK SEA
- EVALUATION OF SEISMIC PERFORMANCE OF MID-RISE CONCRETE MOMENT FRAME BUILDINGS CONSIDERING THE EFFECT OF INFILLED FRAMES
- DIATOMS COMMUNITY AND ECOLOGICAL STATUS IN OHRID LAKE, INFLUENCE BY VERDOVA RIVER
- A young man with acute anterior wall myocardial infarction after Cannabis abuse: Identification of perivascular edema of the culprit lesion after plaque rupture using cardiovascular magnetic resonance tomography
- Will the sulphur polypore (laetiporus sulphureus) become a new functional food?
Last modified: 2019-06-24 23:47:01