Impact of Costco Brand Name Hearing Aid Expansion on Otolaryngology Office Hearing Aid RevenueJournal: Otolaryngology Open Access Journal (OOAJ) (Vol.4, No. 1)
Publication Date: 2019-05-30
Objectives: The objective of this study is to evaluate the impact of Costco's expansion in the hearing aid market on the impact of hearing aid sales by otolaryngologists. Design: Revenue data was acquired for 34 practice locations for the years 2013 through 2017 and compared before and after 2015, when Costco expanded its options for hearing aid brands. Revenue growth was regressed on the distance between otolaryngology office and the nearest three Costco locations. Results: A univariate regression analysis shows that a 10-minute decrease in average travel time to Costco would result in an 8% increase in CAGR growth. Conclusion: This study shows the closer an otolaryngologist's office is to a Costco, the greater the growth the office experienced after 2015, indicating that Costco proximity did not reduce hearing aid sales.
Other Latest Articles
- An Unusual Cause of Upper Airway Obstruction in Newborn: Congenital Nasal Pyriform Aperture Stenosis
- Is Tinnitus Retraining Therapy effective in managing Persistent Tinnitus after Middle Ear Surgery?
- Phosphotungstic acid supported on functionalized graphene oxide nanosheets (GO-SiC3-NH3-H2PW): Preparation, characterization, and first catalytic application in the synthesis of amidoalkyl naphthols
- In-situ preconcentration, and electrochemical sensing of Zinc(II) and Copper(II) based on ionic liquid mediated hollow fiber-modified pencil graphite electrode using response surface methodology
- Synthesis of 2-arylbenzimidazole derivatives using nano montmorillonite clay as an efficient catalyst
Last modified: 2019-06-26 14:48:53