The Economic Potential Of Cultural Heritage In The Rural Society Of Romania: The Case Of North DobrudjaJournal: CACTUS – THE TOURISM JOURNAL FOR RESEARCH, EDUCATION, CULTURE AND SOUL (Vol.XVIII, No. 2)
Publication Date: 2018-12-31
Authors : HOLOSTENCU LUCIANA-FLORIANA;
Page : ---
Keywords : Rural tourism; Cultural heritage; Economic development; Education;
Rural tourism is an element of cultural and ethnic identity of the Romanian people, being directly related to the evolution and prosperity of the community. The traditional Romania's settlement has always been based on the cooperation between its residents, partnership which has led to the preservation of customs, pilgrimages and other traditional holidays. Unfortunately, in the recent decades, the economy, population, and even the well-known natural landscape of a traditional settlement have undergone significant changes, affecting by a negative manner its identity and prosperity. The objective of this research is to analyze the attitudes of different population members (both young and seniors) towards the tangible heritage of an unique region of Romania, the northern area of Dobrudja, from the perspective of the late changes. Disparities in specific bias, the willingness to be involved in the local activities and the approach regarding the sustainable conservation and economic progress of cultural built heritage assets were discovered to correlate with age and inclusion to a specific group. The cross-examination of the personal attitudes of people who are living in the rural area regarding its cultural heritage and its commercial potential may lead to the development of a specific guideline for the preservation and sustainable development of these cultural assets in a new rural area.
Other Latest Articles
- Opportunities To Capitalize The Resources Of Gastronomic Tourism
- Cultural and Rural Tourism: Potential Synergies for A New Economic Development Pattern. The Italian Case
- The Food Safety Culture of A Night Market
- Protecting National and Cultural Heritage While Promoting Cultural Tourism in Romania – Unsolvable Dilemma or Missed Opportunity?
- The Automated Spectrometric Oil Analysis Decision Taking Procedure as a Tool to Prevent Aircraft Engine Failures
Last modified: 2019-07-02 22:25:54