ResearchBib Share Your Research, Maximize Your Social Impacts
Sign for Notice Everyday Sign up >> Login


Journal: International Journal of Advanced Research (Vol.7, No. 10)

Publication Date:

Authors : ;

Page : 1234-1237

Keywords : Vitamin D Deficiency Cancer Prevention Various Anti - cancer mechanism;

Source : Downloadexternal Find it from : Google Scholarexternal


Earlier, Vitamin D was implicated in bone health as it promotes the intestinal absorption of calcium and phosphates. Vitamin D is considered important for bone and mineral metabolism. Various guidelines suggest a daily intake of 5-15 ?g of vitamin D. Approximately 90 % of vitamin D is generated in our body and the remaining 10 % comes from dietary intake. The deficiency of Vitamin d has been found to be linked with distinct biological processes in recent years. The improper vitamin D metabolism is responsible for various health problems including cancer. In the present review, the role of vitamin D in cancer and its prevention has been discussed. The anti-cancer effects of vitamin D involving several mechanisms such as apoptosis, anti-inflammatory, anti-angiogenesis, anti-proliferative, inhibiting invasive and metastasis, etc. are also investigated in this review.

Last modified: 2019-12-03 16:53:27