Analysis of Expectations and Perceptions of the Customers in Sports and Healthy Life Centers for Service Quality (Sample of Afyonkarahisar Province)Journal: INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RECREATION AND SPORT SCIENCE (Vol.1, No. 1)
Publication Date: 2017-12-30
Authors : Yasir KOÇAK Uğur TUKUL Betül TOLAN Hüseyin GÜMÜŞ Ersan TOLUKAN;
Page : 38-46
Keywords : Service Quality; Expectation; Perception;
The purpose of this study is to analyze the expectations and perceptions of the fitness center customers related with the quality of service in Afyonkarahisar. A total of 340 participants (age: 25.03 ± 13.34), including 171 men (age: 23.51 ± 12.67) and 169 women (age: 26.57 ± 13.85) who used 11 different wellness centers in Afyonkarahisar were included in the study. The "Service Quality Assessment Scale" (LSP) developed by Lam (2000) and adapted by Turkish Gurbuz, Koçak and Lam (2012) was used as a data collection tool in the research. The HDQÖ consists of 4 sub-dimensions (personnel, program, locker rooms, facility) and a total of 34 articles. The scale is in likert type of 5 (1: I definitely do not participate, 5: I definitely Participate) and measures the expectations and perceptions of the participants from the wellness center. Independent samples t-test, descriptive statistics and One way Variance Analysis (ANOVA) were used in the analysis of the data. According to the research findings, there was no statistically significant difference between the marital status and educational status (p> 0.05), while there was a significant difference in the Service Quality Evaluation Scale scores of the participants in terms of age, gender, monthly income, duration of membership and the frequency of using the facility (p< 0.05).
Other Latest Articles
- On the Relationship between Operational Risk and Tunisian Banks Performance: Does the Interaction between the Other Risks Matter?
- Perception of Participation Constraints to Recreational Activities: A case of University Students
- Skill Shortages in Turkey: Evidence Firm-Level Data
- Monetary Union Experiences and Lessons for European Monetary Integration
- A Study of the Academic Self-Efficacy of Physical Education and Sports Academy Students from the Perspective of Various Variables
Last modified: 2020-01-30 04:35:13