Arteries of Pelvic member in Tucanuçu (Ramphastos toco albogularis – Cabanis , 1862)Journal: International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Science (Vol.7, No. 5)
Publication Date: 2020-05-07
Authors : Ludmila Angélica da Fonseca Roseâmely Angélica de Carvalho Barros Thiago Sardinha de Oliveira Zenon Silva Lázaro Antônio dos Santos Lucas de Assis Ribeiro Frederico Ozanam Carneiro e Silva;
Page : 39-47
Keywords : Circulatory System; Arteries; Wild Animals; Toucan.;
This study is an anatomic description of pelvic limb vascularization of Tucanuçu (Ramphastos toco albogularis). For this, 8 specimens donated by “Centro de Triagem de Animais Silvestres de Catalão – CETAS” were used. In four specimens, arterial system was injected with latex art red stained glue and dissected. Another four, arterial system was injected with vinyl acetate (vinilite) and subjected to corrosion in nitric acid, resulting molds for analise and description. Results were compared with pertinent citations in domestic birds, compiled from classical works of veterinary anatomy. The project was approved by ethical committee in animal experimentation of Federal University of Uberlândia (CEUA/UFU) under number 067/12. The present work work shows unprecedentedly discovered about Tucanuçu, indicating basic arterial pattern of pelvic limb and showing similarities to domestic birds, however, slight differences may be noted, especially regarding the describe arterial branches in domestic birds that are not present in Tucanuçu.
Other Latest Articles
- The Role of Nursing in identifying the early Diagnosis of Cervical Cancer in Primary Care: Integrative Literature Review
- CASE OF FREDERIC CHOPIN: COULD MUSIC BE A SYMPTOM?
- CORONAVIRUS DISEASE (COVID-19) TREATMENT ALGORITHMS IN PATIENTS WITH QT INTERVAL PROLONGATION
- 2019 EUROPEAN SOCIETY OF CARDIOLOGY GUIDELINES FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF PATIENTS WITH SUPRAVENTRICULAR TACHYCARDIA: WHAT’S NEW?
- HEMATURIA IN GENERAL PRACTITIONER PRACTICE
Last modified: 2020-05-11 17:53:44