Studies on Oxidation behavior of Nickel based Super Alloy(Inconel 600)Journal: International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology (IJESRT) (Vol.2, No. 6)
Publication Date: 2013-06-30
Authors : T.A.Vijey; V.Surianarayanan;
Page : 1566-1571
Keywords : Oxidation; growth stress; thermal stress; kinetics of oxidation; hot corrosion.;
The most important form of corrosion is the attack by the accelerated oxidation which takes place when the air or fuel is contaminated with certain impurities. This is a serious problem in aircraft,marine,industrial and land-base gas turbines.The formation of porus non-protective oxide scales at the surfaces and sulphides at the substrate will lead to material degradation at high temperature applications.This type of attack is generally referred by ‘hot corrosion’ which is of two types namely type-I and type-II. This paper attempts exclusively to explain the behavior of oxidation on Inconel 600, a super alloy used for high temperature applications.The kinetics of oxidation are determined and discussed.
Other Latest Articles
- Coal Mining Data for Data Mining Techniques?
- Design and Perform the Optimization of Induction Motors during Voltage-Controlled Soft Starting
- STUDENT ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE USING DATA MINING TECHNIQUES
- Cache Replacement Algorithms for Coordinated Cooperative Social Wireless Networks?
- WSN Life Time Maximization using Virtual Backbone and ERPMT Techniques
Last modified: 2014-10-28 22:14:40