WHAT IS BEING DONE FOR A GENDER-FRIENDLY CAMPUS CLIMATE? UNITED STATES AND TURKEY AS A CASEJournal: INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RESEARCH -GRANTHAALAYAH (Vol.9, No. 2)
Publication Date: 2021-02-28
Authors : Özlem Belkıs; Ayşe Geysu Menteş;
Page : 11-21
Keywords : Gender Friendly Campus Climate; Gender Equality; Sexual Harassment;
Today, the process of learning is as important as the content of it as learning environments are part of the individual development. A gender-friendly campus climate that aims to create equal conditions for each student and aspires to prevent exclusion and marginalization caused by gender or sexual orientation is extremely important for the efficiency of education and individual development. Different organizations such as university administrations, feminist organizations, student and academic groups carry out various studies to constitute and maintain a gender-friendly campus climate. This article studies the collective implementations the US and Turkish Universities have been conducting to create a gender-friendly campus climate in the years of 2018 and 2019. At the end of the study, it is observed that the public sensitivity caused by adversity experienced by individuals has been an important aspect for the institutions to take action towards a gender-friendly campus climate. Moreover, research and studies of leading feminist academics have been an important fraction to guiding these steps. Also it has been enquired that ‘a standard implementation system to create a Gender-friendly campus climate' cannot be the subject matter for every institution regardless of the country or location works in accordance within its own culture and structure.
Other Latest Articles
- EVALUATION OF HYDROPONIC FODDER PERFORMANCE OF DIFFERENT VARIETIES OF SORGHUM
- IN VITRO PROPAGATION OF VACHELLIA MACRACANTHA, AN IMPORTANT SPECIES OF THE SEASONALLY DRY TROPICAL FOREST IN NORTHERN PERU
- INSILICO METHOD FOR PREDICTION OF MAXIMUM BINDING AFFINITY AND LIGAND – PROTEIN INTERACTION STUDIES ON ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE
- HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINES-AAKASHMONI WILL BE THE BEST VACCINE AGAINST COVID-19: ENRICHING AGRICULTURE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY COMMUNICATION MECHANISM APPLICATION ISSUES!
- THE HUMAN HAIR FOLLICLE AS SENTINEL FOR DRUGS EVALUATION: DEMONSTRATION OF TETRACYCLINE ADHESION TO HAIR FOLLICLE AS PROPOSED MECHANISM IN DYSFUNCTIONAL HAIR LOSS
Last modified: 2021-03-16 13:20:58