The Patient as Target of Personalized MedicineJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.10, No. 1)
Publication Date: 2021-01-05
Authors : Kameliya Tsvetanova;
Page : 1551-1553
Keywords : personalized medicine pharmacogenetics pharmacogenomics;
The idea of personalization, i.e. understanding the need for an individual approach to each patient, has existed since the very beginning of the development of medicine. Even Hippocrates started to talk about the need to give different drugs to the different patients and that what is good for one patient may not be useful for another. The introduction of personalized medicine provided possibility for developing an individual treatment plan for each patient in conformity with his needs, which are strictly specific to the individual, and this in its turn creates a prerequisite for the conduct of adequate treatment and the achievement of good clinical results.
Other Latest Articles
- Does Selfitis Exist?: "Development of a Selfitis Behavioral Scale"
- Culture and Consumer Socialization Effects on Adolescent?s Influence on Family Purchase Decisions of Mobile Phone
- Strategies of Learning Medical Vocabulary (A Case Study of Sudanese EFL Students at Faculty of Medicine, Karari University, Sudan)
- Effect of Starter and Enzyme Additions on Clotting Time of Milks for Mish Manufacture
- Higher Seed Production through IPNM in Cajanus cajan Linn (Mill Sp)
Last modified: 2021-06-26 17:59:53