English Language Used in Indian MediaJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.10, No. 3)
Publication Date: 2021-03-05
Authors : N Shantha Naik;
Page : 1004-1006
Keywords : English; Media; Languages;
English was a language of power, and hence maintained some distance from the regional languages, but, the novelists like Raja Rao, Mulk Raj Anand and R.K. Narayan, gave a new bent to the language and they introduced native words to retain local flavour in their writings. Since then English language opened the door to all possible words and retained in its vocabulary. This receptivity made it an epicenter of all sort of communication in the world. Sanskrit was believed as divine language, retained purity, never goes with regional languages and common people: only one community people were familiar with Sanskrit. Hence, it is considered to be a dead language. English is a learner friendly language as Deborah Comeron pointed out.
Other Latest Articles
- Prospective Role of Agro-Tourism in Transformation of Rural India
- Social Intelligence, Creative Behavior, Decision Making Styles and Productivity of School Administrators
- A Study to Assess the Effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme on Coping Strategies for Psychosocial Stress Related Disorders at Work Environment in Terms of Knowledge among Staff Nurses in Selected Hospital, Dehradun Uttrakhand
- In Vitro Callus Induction studies in Salvadora persica L.
- Steered Teachers' Performance Paradigm
Last modified: 2021-06-26 18:42:03