ResearchBib Share Your Research, Maximize Your Social Impacts
Sign for Notice Everyday Sign up >> Login

A Study to Assess the Effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme (STP) Regarding Hypertension and its Prevention Strategies in Terms of Knowledge and Attitude of Selected Rural Population at Karve Area

Journal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.3, No. 9)

Publication Date:

Authors : ; ;

Page : 1320-1323

Keywords : Hypertensive client; prevention strategies; STP;

Source : Downloadexternal Find it from : Google Scholarexternal


Aim& Objectives: To improve knowledge of selected rural population regarding prevention of hypertension. To identify risk factors and associate with selected demographic variables. Material& methods: evaluative study was conducted on 30 hypertensive subjects from Karve rural population by using interview schedule method. Sampling technique used for the study was convenient sampling which is type of non probability sampling. The study was conducted in year 2011 in month of November. Stratified random sampling technique was used. Institutional ethics Committee approval and informed consent from the subjects were taken before the study. First pretest questionnaire given to subject then health education through structured teaching provided pamphlets and after seven days post test given. Results: assessing the knowledge in pretest out of 30 samples no one 0 (0 %) having good knowledge.23 (76.66 %) having average knowledge. Remaining subjects 7 (23.33 %) are having poor knowledge regarding prevention of hypertension.

Last modified: 2021-06-30 21:07:44