Auricular Rupture in a Fatal FallJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.4, No. 3)
Publication Date: 2015-03-05
Authors : Pavanchand Shetty; Somshekhar Sharma;
Page : 449-450
Keywords : Cardiac rupture; Cardiac tamponade; Diagnosis; Fall from height;
Deaths due to fall from height can be due to injury to head and spinal cord, thoracic injuries, abdominal injuries etc. Cardiac rupture following blunt trauma to the chest is a relatively uncommon diagnosis, however it is associated with a very high mortality rate. Successful management is based on a high index of suspicion, avoidance of unnecessary diagnostic studies and immediate surgical intervention once the diagnosis is made. Of all the injuries to the heart left auricular rupture is a rarity. Hence we present such a rare case.
Other Latest Articles
- Effect of Iaa on the Growth, Physiological and Biochemical Characteristics in Catharanthus roseus (L). G. Don.
- Internal Fixation of Displaced Proximal Humerus Fractures Using PHILOS: A Prospective Study
- Optimal Control Strategy of a Tuberculosis Epidemic Model with Drug Resistant TB
- The Western Economic Thought and its Response from the Muslim World: An Over view
- Early Childhood Education in Pakistan: Issues and Challenges
Last modified: 2021-06-30 21:34:49