Factors Affecting the Economic Viability of the Coffee Industry in IfugaoJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.5, No. 10)
Publication Date: 2016-10-05
Authors : Jennifer Madonna G. Dait;
Page : 890-895
Keywords : OPERATIONAL; MARKETING; FINANCIAL PRACTICES; COFFEE;
The study primarily aimed on finding out the factors affecting coffee viability in Ifugao and aimed on establishing a baseline research on the said industry. The study used primary data from 306 coffee growers in the province of Ifugao and quantified problems through means and percentages in their operational, marketing and financial practices. In terms of operational practices, the Ifugao growers propagated a variety of coffee in a relatively wide farm. Majority has acquired storage rooms & shade houses, the sprayer was used to water the plants. They acquired seedlings from propagators within and outside the province, and majority of the growers do not use herbicides. In terms of Marketing Practices, price changes during peak season and generally depends on the markets running price. Wholesalers, individual consumers, cooperatives and institutional buyers frequent buyers, growers sold their harvest as freshly picked, personally repackage, dried and milled/grinded, and were classified according to variety and class. And in terms of Financial Practices, most growers initially got their capital from loans from cooperatives and from their own savings, initial investment depended on equipment used and area of propagation and growers find the cut flower a profitable venture.
Other Latest Articles
- Prevalence of Child Abuse and its Long-Term Psychological Consequences among Female Students of Medical Faculties
- Darier's Disease: A Rare Disorder of Keratinisation. Case Report and Review of Literature
- Preliminary Phytochemical Analysis of Dioscorea bulbifera L.
- Heart Failure: As Initial Presentation of Systemic Amyloidosis in Absence of Renal Features
- Effect of Liquidity Risk on Financial Performance of Insurance Companies Listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange
Last modified: 2021-07-01 14:45:37