ResearchBib Share Your Research, Maximize Your Social Impacts
Sign for Notice Everyday Sign up >> Login

A Case of Neonatal Small Bowel Obstruction due to Ileal Atresia with Meckal's Diverticulum

Journal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.10, No. 7)

Publication Date:

Authors : ; ; ;

Page : 1299-1301

Keywords : atresia meckals diverticulum;

Source : Downloadexternal Find it from : Google Scholarexternal


The small bowel is the section of bowel between the stomach and the large bowel (colon). It is about 300cm long in a new born baby at full term and its function is to absorb food. Atresia-derived from the Greek components a- ("no" or "without") and tresis ("hole" or "orifice")-refers to a congenital obstruction with complete occlusion of the intestinal lumen; it accounts for 95% of obstructions. Stenosis-derived from the Greek components stenos ("narrow") and -osis ("process") and denoting narrowing- refers to a partial occlusion with incomplete obstruction and accounts for the remaining 5% of cases.

Last modified: 2021-08-15 12:57:31