SLUDGE CHARACTERIZATION OF KHARTOUM PETROLEUM REFINING WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT- KHARTOUM-SUDANJournal: International Journal of Advanced Research (Vol.9, No. 7)
Publication Date: 2021-07-14
Authors : Mahdi Haroun Abdelazim Mohd Altawil Gammas A.M. Osman Eiman Elrashid Diab; Tisser Khalid;
Page : 672-681
Keywords : Petroleum Sludge Sludge Disposal Toxic Waste Wastewater Treatment Plant;
Clearance of sludge has made a major task in latest periods. In the current study sludge from KPRWTP were investigated concerning physicochemical characteristics & disposal options. Organic content of petroleum sludge & clay soil was 0.23 Â±0.09% and 0.186Â±0.1%, respectively. Metals average concentration: Chromium: 130.95Â±27.32 mg/kg Arsenic: 0.899Â±0.434 mg/kg lead: 47.83Â±21.44 mg/kg Cadmium: 18.33Â±9.04 mg/kg Copper: 209Â±31.18 mg/kg Zinc: 631Â±159.57 mg/kg Nickel: 6.6Â±2.44 mg/kg cobalt: 35.54Â±10.08 mg/kg manganese: 35.54Â±10.08 mg/kg: iron: 501Â±5490.04 mg/kg: titanium: 108.3Â±18.33 mg/kg, and zirconium: 2.54Â±0.246 mg/kg respectively. Sludge was made up of particles to some extent of bigger portion compared to soil (sludge: clay and silt 58.9%, sand 41.1% soil: clay and silt 76%, sand 34%). Core constituents of petroleum sludge were Fe2O3 (38.45%), SiO2 (8.55%), CaO (30.35%), MgO (0.85%). According to standards of (NJDEPSCC) As, Cd, Cu, Pb, Ni, & Zn have significantly lower concentration in sludge comparing guideline for residential and nonresidential utilization. On the other hand, FDEPSCTL showed Cu and Zn were only metals in sludge significantly have high concentration regarding guideline for residential applications only. The study confirmed that heavy metals under investigation were significantly lesser than quantities controlled by (TCLP) of (RCRA), with exception for chromium content.
Other Latest Articles
- PUBLIC SPENDING AND ECONOMIC GROWTH PERFORMANCE: EVIDENCE FROM NIGERIA
- THE INDIA MUTATIONS AND B.1.617 DELTA VARIANTS: IS THERE A GLOBAL "STRATEGY" FOR MUTATIONS AND EVOLUTION OF VARIANTS OF THE SARS-COV2 GENOME?
- AGGRAVATION OF COVID 19 INFECTION SECONDARY TO SURGERY
- PHYSIOLOGICAL RESPONSES OF UPLAND RICE; WATER AND NITROGEN UPTAKES AND WATER USE EFFICIENCY UNDER WET AND PARTIAL DRYING SOIL CONDITIONS
- NATIONALISM AND RASHTRIYA SWAYAMSEVAK SANGH IN THE POST-INDEPENDENCE PERIOD
Last modified: 2021-08-31 16:20:36