GARDNER’S SYNDROME AS THE FIRST MANIFESTATION OF FAP IN PATIENT WITH METASTATIC RECTAL CANCER - AN EXTREMELY RARE OCCURRENCEJournal: INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RESEARCH -GRANTHAALAYAH (Vol.9, No. 8)
Publication Date: 2021-08-31
Authors : J Clarke; S Islam; S Medford; S Juman; P Harnarayan; V Naraynsingh;
Page : 349-354
Keywords : Gardener’s Syndrome; Extra-Colonic Manifestations; Fap (Familial Adenomatous Polyposis);
Familial adenomatous polyposis [FAP] is a rare autosomal disorder. FAP presenting with Gardner syndrome is even rarer. Gardner syndrome as the first manifestation of FAP without any prior family history is even scarcer. We report the case of a 32 years healthy male referred to our otolaryngology clinic with a neck mass and ultimately diagnosed with a case of Gardner syndrome with FAP and advanced rectal Cancer. The patient had a successful gastrointestinal surgery with follow up chemotherapy. Subsequently the patient was followed up at the gastroenterology, oncology and surgical clinic. Literature searched was done and the extra colonic manifestations of the diseases are highlighted in our discussion.
Other Latest Articles
- DOES HUMAN CAPITAL PREDICT RESOURCES: EVIDENCE FROM DENOMINATIONAL INSTITUTIONS IN GHANA?
- ANALYSIS OF PID CONTROLLER USE ON AUXILIARY WINDING INDUCTION MOTOR WITH FUZZY LOGIC METHOD
- PSYCHOLOGICAL APPROACH TO TEACHING CLASSICAL MUSIC FOR STUDENTS
- AN ANALYSIS ON THE MEASURES TAKEN BY FINANCE MINISTRY TO UPLIFT THE INDIAN ECONOMY DURING COVID-19
- MANAGEMENT OF PSORIASIS: A COMPARATIVE CLINICAL STUDY OF STANDARD AYURVEDA & ALLOPATHIC PROTOCOLS
Last modified: 2021-10-23 17:12:27