USE OF GEOSTATISTICAL MODELS IN THE SPACE-TEMPORAL EVALUATION OF WATER QUALITY OF AN AMAZONIAN HYDROELECTRIC RESERVOIRJournal: INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RESEARCH -GRANTHAALAYAH (Vol.9, No. 10)
Publication Date: 2021-10-31
Authors : Thiago de Melo e Silva; Simone de Fátima Pinheiro Pereira; Kellen Heloizy Garcia Freitas; Pedro Moreira de Sousa Junior; Cléber Silva e Silva; Davis Castro dos Santos; Ronaldo Magno Rocha; Alan Marcel Fernandes de Souza; Daniel Pinheiro Nogueira;
Page : 118-129
Keywords : Geostatistical Models; Water Quality; UHE - Tucuruí;
The Tucuruí Hydro-Power Complex reservoir, Pará State, Amazon Region-Brazil, as well as other reservoirs is subject to natural alterations and anthropogenic activities which in turn affect the environmental balance. The aim of this work was to verify if geostatistical models can be used in the spatial-temporal evaluation of water quality in reservoirs. The Surfer 13® software was used to interpolate the spatial distribution of data, in two years of surface water physicochemical parameters were evaluated in sixteen sampling stations. The results of the isotopic maps showed low concentrations of DO at station C1 in the Intermediate Period 2 (summer-winter), high concentration of COD at station MP in the Intermediate Period 1 (winter-summer) and increased acidity at stations C1 and C2 in summer, suggesting that the relationship between the Tucuruí Hydro-Power Complex and farming activities in the region cause impacts on the aquatic ecosystem along the reservoir.
Other Latest Articles
- ACUTE APPENDIX- STATISTICS ON PATIENTS IN SOUTHEAST REGION OF THE REPUBLIC OF NORTHERN MACEDONIA IN THE PERIOD FROM 2015 TO 2020
- WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO NUMBER OF THE INFECTED IF ACCURACY OF THE PCR TEST IMPROVES?
- EFFECT OF DIFFERENT PROTEIN AND/OR METABOLIZABLE ENERGY LEVELS IN DIETS FORMULATED BASED ON IDEAL PROTEIN CONCEPT ON PERFORMANCE, EGG PRODUCTION, AND EGG QUALITY TRAITS OF LAYERS DURING PHASE 1 OF EGG PRODUCTION
- FILM REJECT ANALYSIS AS A MEASURE OF QUALITY ASSURRANCE: A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED HOSPITALS IN PLATEAU STATE, NIGERIA
- IMPLEMENTATION OF THE POLICY ON THE TRANSFER OF AGRICULTURAL LAND FUNCTIONS TO RESIDENTIAL AREA IN WEST LOMBOK REGENCY
Last modified: 2021-11-26 19:25:58