TALKING HANDHELD DEVICE FOR VISUALLY CHALLENGED PERSONJournal: International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing - IJCSMC (Vol.2, No. 5)
Publication Date: 2013-05-15
Authors : M. Smitha T. Ayesha Rumana;
Page : 114-117
Keywords : RF transmitter and receiver; Encoder; Decoder; Zigbee transmitter and receiver;
A cost effective talking handheld device was developed to identify the products in the supermarket and also announces the product information to visually challenged person. The device consists of i) Product section ii) Handheld section iii) Billing section. In the Product section all information’s about the product will be encoded in encoder. The encoded information is transmitted through RF transmitter. In the handheld section RF receiver receives the information about the chosen product and Decoder decodes the information that is to be fed to the microcontroller unit. The product details will be conveyed immediately using loudspeaker. The selected products amount is added or subtracted from the total amount using add or remove button. Total amount of products purchased is transmitted via Zigbee transmitter. In the billing section the transmitted information is received by the Zigbee receiver.
Other Latest Articles
- ANALYSIS OF E-LEARNING IN BUSINESS AND TOOLS FOR IMPROVING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM?
- Impact Behavior of Ceramic-Metal Armour Composed of Al2O3-Nano SiC Composite
- Prohibition of Boiler Feed Water Pump Failure in Power Plant
- Optimum Parameters for Cutting Hard and Tough Material (Hardox Steel) by Abrasive Water Jet Cutting Process
- Numerical Simulation of Turbulent Flow and Heat Transfer in a B-Type Section Pipe with Porous Bottom Wall
Last modified: 2013-05-07 00:28:48