Boussinesq-type Equation Formulated using the Weighted Taylor SeriesJournal: International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Science (Vol.8, No. 12)
Publication Date: 2021-12-07
Authors : Syawaluddin Hutahaean;
Page : 259-265
Keywords : weighted Taylor series; the same control volume.;
In this study, a Boussinesq equation was developed to model water waves. The equations were formulated using a weighted Taylor series, the Taylor series with weighted coefficients in the terms. The equation consists of the water surface elevation equation, the water particle velocity in the direction of the horizontal axis and vertical axis. The formulation of the continuity equation and the momentum equation is carried out on the same control volume with the same characteristics of particle velocity change. Thus, both equations have velocity variables with the same characteristics. The study obtained the Boussinesq equation that can be used with large wave amplitudes that are in line with those found in nature and can model shoaling and breaking well.
Other Latest Articles
- The Impact of Foreign Exchange Reserves Accumulation on Inflation : The Algerian Experience
- Measuring the impact of job stress on the performance of employees at Taheri Muhammad Bashar University
- The impact of adopting the concept of a learning organization on the effectiveness of strategic decisions - the case of the IGLI Milk Complex, Béni Abbès
- The impact of applying internal audit in reducing credit risk - a field study on a sample of Algerian commercial banks
- The Management of Public Banks: a Financial Inclusion or Exclusion Approach?
Last modified: 2021-12-24 13:56:32