Effect of Electric Cigarette Smoke Exposure on Spermatozoa quality of mice (Mus musculus L)Journal: International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Science (Vol.8, No. 12)
Publication Date: 2021-12-07
Authors : Susantin Fajariyah Eva Tyas Utami Nuril Laelatul Hidayatus Sa'adah;
Page : 371-374
Keywords : E-cigarette; Spermatozoa quality; mice.;
E-cigarette is one of the cigarettes that many used. E-cigarette smoke can cause disturbance in reproduction system. Chemical contents in e-cigarette smoke can increase free radicals that can cause oxidative stress. This purpose of this study to know the effect of e-cigarette smoke exposure to spermatozoa quality of mice (Mus musculus L). The tested animal were divides into 4 groups, every group consists of 6 mice that given treatment that is e-cigarette smoke exposure with a volume of L ml, 2 mL, and 4 mL for 4 weeks. Nicotine content in e-cigarette liquid was 6mg/mL. The parameter observed were percentage of motility and abnormal spermatozoa morphology. The conclusion of this study is e-cigarette smoke exposure decreased spermatozoa quality that is increased abnormal spermatozoa morphology in the treatment of e-cigarette liquid volume of 2 mL and 4 mL, meanwhile in spermatozoa motility is tend to decrease.
Other Latest Articles
- Book review: Bavin, S.P., & Mishurovskaya, M.V. (Eds.). (2017). M.A. Bulgakov. Annotated Bibliographic Index. Vol. I. 1919-1940 (A.V. Akimenko, Bibliogr. Ed., M.V. Mishurovskaya, E.I. Alekseenkova, I.S. Efimova, Yu.G. Slizun, Comp.). Moscow: RGBI Publ. 70
- Poetology and Poetics of Acmeism: Book review: Kihney, L.G., & Merkel, E.V. (2021). Acmeism: Theory and Artistic Practice: Tutorial. Moscow, Berlin: Direct-Media. 492 p.
- A Parodic Tale in “Sovy” (Soviet Texts) by D. Prigov
- The Motive of Peace in the Works of B. Pasternak and M. Bulgakov
- “Faces” and “Disguises” of V. Rozanov’s SolitaryThoughts and Fallen Leaves
Last modified: 2021-12-30 14:44:08