Heavy Metal and Coliform Contamination in the Tap Water of Public Schools of Muntinlupa City, PhilippinesJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.10, No. 11)
Publication Date: 2021-11-05
Authors : Darylle Cesar G. Hilapo; Ruby Myra Alicarte Lacro;
Page : 1201-1206
Keywords : Water Microbial Contamination; Ecotoxicology; Environmental Health; Public Health Biology; School Health;
Water in the public schools is essential as it is the primary resource for cleaning, plant maintenance and in some cases, for drinking. If unsafe and unclean water is consumed, it can lead to many diseases that can compromise the health of students and school personnel. Thus, monitoring water resources within the school compound should be of high priority. The study conducted physicochemical, heavy metal and coliform contamination assessment among the tap water of nine public schools of Muntinlupa City. Among the physicochemical parameters, dissolved oxygen across all schools is detected to be not normal. Cadmium content of all tap water among all schools has exceeded the standard limit and has shown concerning level of hazard quotient. Two out nine schools showed bacterial coliform contamination. Schools with this contamination are of great risks not only for students and personnel that utilizes tap water within the school compound.
Other Latest Articles
- Occurrence and Concentration of Pesticides in the Water and Tissues of Two Species of Fish from Lake Guessabo Surrounded by Agricultural Land (West, C�te d'Ivoire): Potential Risks for Humans and for Ecological Receptors
- Comparative Study Intrathecal Clonidine versus Intrathecal Fentanyl in Hyperbaric Bupivacaine for Spinal Anaesthesia and Postoperative Analgesia in Patients Undergoing Lower Limb Surgeries
- A Study to Assess the Drug Dosage Calculation Skills among Nursing Students with a View to Develop a Mobile Application on Drug Dosage Calculation in a Selected Nursing College, Greater Noida, UP.
- Evaluation of Incompatible Crossmatch at a Tertiary Care Blood Center
- Isolation and Identification of Air Micro Flora in Microbiology Laboratory
Last modified: 2022-02-15 18:49:35