Overview of ACE-2 Receptor, Its Structure and Polymorphism and its Susceptibility to SARS-Cov-2, Influences of COVID-19 on Multi-Organs Cardiovascular Comorbidities, and COVID-19 Disease OutcomeJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.10, No. 12)
Publication Date: 2021-12-05
Authors : Srinjoy Chattopadhyay; Vanshika Saini;
Page : 33-41
Keywords : ACE-2 receptor; SARS Cov-2; Spike glycoprotein; Receptor binding domain; dimers; transmembrane helix; virions; Collectrin like domain; polymorphism; RAAS; disintegrin; ARDS; TYK2 gene;
Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infects human cells via binding a ?spike? protein on its surface to angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) within the host. ACE2 is crucial for maintaining tissue homeostasis and negatively regulates the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) in humans. We employed our basic understanding of bioinformatics to give an overview of ACE-2 receptor, its structure and polymorphism and its susceptibility to SARS-Cov-2, influences of COVID-19 on multi-organs cardiovascular comorbidities, and COVID-19 disease outcome. This study may help in the significant understanding of the ongoing pandemic due to SARS-CoV-2 infection.
Other Latest Articles
- Physico-Chemical Studies on Safilguda Lake, Hyderabad
- A Study to Assess the Effectiveness of Planned Teaching Programme on Knowledge Regarding Pulmonary Rehabilitation among Patients with COPD in Selected Community Area at Bangalore
- Clinical Correlation of Facial Dermatosis with COVID19 Pandemic
- Book Review "Innovation, Technology and Sustainability: History, Concepts and Applications"
- Epidemiology of Patients with Cerebrovascular Accident
Last modified: 2022-02-15 18:57:28