ResearchBib Share Your Research, Maximize Your Social Impacts
Sign for Notice Everyday Sign up >> Login

Histological Analysis of Surface Ovarian Epithelial Tumors

Journal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.11, No. 1)

Publication Date:

Authors : ; ;

Page : 1151-1152

Keywords : ovarian tumors; benign; malignant; clinical profile;

Source : Downloadexternal Find it from : Google Scholarexternal


Introduction: Ovary is a common site for tumors, both benign and malignant which causes great morbidity and mortality. The study was undertaken to analyse the clinical profile of ovarian tumors. Material and Methods: This was a hospital based cross sectional observational study conducted for one year from 1st June 2019 to 31st May 2020 in the Department of Pathology, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla. Results: Unilateral ovarian tumors were found to be more common 59 (77.6%) in comparison to bilateral ovarian tumors 17 (22.4%). On histological examination, majority of epithelial ovarian tumors were benign 38 (50%) followed by malignant 32 (42.1%) and borderline tumors 6 (7.9%). In this study, 54% of tumors were uniloculated while remaining were multiloculated (46%). Conclusion: There is a need for early attention to symptoms and signs and proper evaluation with detailed investigations for ovarian tumors.

Last modified: 2022-02-15 19:04:11