A Case Report on Bowel Evisceration Following Blunt Abdominal TraumaJournal: International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) (Vol.11, No. 3)
Publication Date: 2022-03-05
Authors : Hetvi Marsonia; J. P. Dave; J. G. Bhatt; Akash Patel; J. G. Vagadiya;
Page : 495-497
Keywords : bowel evisceration; blunt trauma; gangrenous bowel loops;
Bowel evisceration following blunt abdominal trauma is a very rare occurrence. Here, we report a unique case of 30 year old male patient presented with alleged history of road traffic accident with injury over anterior abdominal wall by handlebar of autorickshaw resulting into evisceration of small bowel loops. On admission patient was vitally stable and abdominal exploration with resection of gangrenous eviscerated small bowel loop with side to side ileo-ileal anastomosis with primary repair of abdominal wall defect was performed. A brief overview of literature related to this rare trauma scenario is presented here.
Other Latest Articles
- An Inquiry into Knowledge of the Existence
- Evaluation and Management of Ocular Chemical Injuries with their Visual Outcomes
- Dietary Antioxidants: "The Magic Bullets for Good Health"
- The Student Support Services, Challenges and Future Trends in Student Support Services for Higher Education Institutions
- A Study to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Chilled Cabbage Leaves Application on Reducing Breast Engorgement among the Volunteered Postnatal Mothers Admitted in a Selected Hospital at Guwahati, Assam
Last modified: 2022-05-14 21:02:36