BUDDHA’S PHILOSOPHY MORE RELEVANT TODAYJournal: International Education and Research Journal (Vol.8, No. 5)
Publication Date: 2022-05-15
Authors : Maitreyee Kumar;
Page : 56-57
Keywords : Buddha; Teachings; Suffering; Ignorance and consciousness;
The teachings of Buddha help us understand the doctrine of karma. The ‘four noble truths' of Buddhism state that all existence is suffering which is real and almost universal; that the cause of suffering is desire to have and control things and get attached to them, that freedom from suffering is nirvana letting go all desires, and that this is attained through the ‘eightfold path' comprising eight aspects in which one must practise right views; right intention to free oneself from attachment, ignorance, and hatefulness; right speech not to be hurtful and abstaining from lying, gossiping; right conduct or action causing no distress to someone's feelings; right livelihood making living appropriately; right effort living by good thoughts; right mindfulness to overcome every negativity effect; and right concentration to achieve a higher state of consciousness. Lord Buddha emphasized four noble truths to mankind. He said that the world is full of suffering. All sufferings have a cause: desire, ignorance and attachment are the causes of suffering. The suffering could be removed by destroying its cause. In order to end suffering, one must know the right path. This is an important part of Lord Buddha's teachings. Buddha preached that the ultimate goal of one's life is to attain Nirvana, the eternal state of peace and bliss, which is free from desire and sorrow, decay or disease and of course from birth and death. Therefore, annihilation of desire is the real problem.
Other Latest Articles
- A SOCIO- CULTURAL STUDY OF ANNIE ZAIDI'S FICTION 'GULAB'
- PREVALENCE OF COVID-19 BASED ON VARIOUS PRAKRITI, THE HUMAN CONSTITUTION TYPES OF INDIAN TRADITIONAL MEDICINE: A CROSS SECTIONAL STUDY
- PERCEPTION OF MEDICAL STUDENTS ABOUT BED SIDE TEACHING IN GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGE OF NORTH COASTAL ANDHRA PRADESH
- ASSESSMENT OF PERCEIVED STRESS AMONG FIRST YEAR POST-GRADUATES IN A GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGE OF NORTH COASTAL ANDHRA PRADESH
- IMPACT OF ESD PEDAGOGY IN DEVELOPING SUSTAINABLE COMPETENCIES OF ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENTS
Last modified: 2023-01-19 17:11:40