ResearchBib Share Your Research, Maximize Your Social Impacts
Sign for Notice Everyday Sign up >> Login

Impact of influencing factors on the choice of entrepreneurial process: Perspective of Small Business owners in Nigeria

Journal: International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM) (Vol.4, No. 9)

Publication Date:

Authors : ; ;

Page : 41-45

Keywords : Entrepreneurship; Entrepreneurial process; Performance; Nigeria Small businesses (SBs);

Source : Downloadexternal Find it from : Google Scholarexternal


ABSTRACT This paper examined the impact of the influencing factors on the choice of entrepreneurship process from perspective of small business owners in Nigeria. This study was carried out in Lagos state, using multi-stage sampling technique with a sample of Two hundred (200) questionnaire administered and distributed business owners which comprised of eighty (80) computer accessories, eleven (21) new computer dealers, forty nine (49) computer and handset repair and fifty (50) comprised of others ? software and other computer materials . One hundred and Fifty (150) questionnaire was found useful for the purpose of the study representing 75% of total questionnaire distributed. Data collected was analyse using frequency and simple percentage while regression analysis was used to test the formulated hypothesis. Findings revealed that role model influence, environmental, nature of business, urgent need for income, financial capability and service to humanity had significant (p< 0.05) impact on entrepreneurial process. Multiple regression results showed that R2 =0.328 which implies that 33% of the variability of entrepreneurial process were explained by these factors, while the remaining 67% was largely due to other factors outside the regression analysis. The paper concluded that small business owners depend heavily on influencing factors before embarking on entrepreneurial process.).

Last modified: 2015-10-17 14:06:27