Terraces And Springs In A Portion Of Rajmahal Highlands Geomorphic Evolution Of Ghutkandar River BasinJournal: International Journal of Technology Enhancements and Emerging Engineering Research (IJTEEE) (Vol.3, No. 9)
Publication Date: 2015-09-25
Authors : Dr Rumki Sarkar;
Page : 105-111
Keywords : Keywords Rajmahal Highlands; Rajmahal Traps; Alluvium Upland; Intertrappean bed; Spring line;
ABSTRACT A River Basin is considered as an important unit to understand the geomorphic and geologic history of an area. The Rajmahal Traps have an interesting history of their origin and evolution. The adjacent areas of Rajmahal Traps have been subjected to face a number of events since the Upper Carboniferous to ongoing Quaternary. Lithologically the area is characterized by basalt glacial boulder deposits gravel bed laterite and alluvium etc. It has unique and complicated geological succession. Geomorphic features like straight channel with sharp bend river terraces antecedent channel springs etc. are commonly visible in the study area. In a tectonically influenced area terraces and springs not only play an important role to understand the geomorphic evolution but also has geohydrological importance. Springs are formed where ground water table is influenced due to land subsidence faulting removal of surface soil cover etc. River terraces generally considered as erosional feature are imprints of tectonic upheavals or rejuvenation. The Ghutkandar basin is characterised by a number of springs. Therefore this work is a humble attempt to analyse the geologic and geomorphic evolution of the Ghutkandar basin a portion of Rajmahal Highlands and to find out the geohydrological potentiality and importance.
Other Latest Articles
- Why A Green-Based Generation Expansion Plan For Kenya A Comparative Analysis
- Management of Institutional Knowledge Packaged Resources in Nigerian University Libraries Appraisal of Availability of University-based Institutional Repository
- Green-Based Generation Expansion Planning For Kenya Using Wien Automatic Software Package WASP IV Model.
- Test Automation For Mobile Applications Using Seetest Automation Frameworks
- An Analysis Of Electronic Banking Acceptability In Ghana
Last modified: 2015-11-13 19:01:11