ANTHROPOGENIC STRESS ON TONS RIVER WITHIN DEHRADUN DISTRICT OF UTTARKHAND STATE, INDIAJournal: International Journal of Applied and Natural Sciences (IJANS) (Vol.3, No. 1)
Publication Date: 2014-01-31
Authors : R. K. NEGI; F SHEETAL MAMGAIN;
Page : 1-6
Keywords : Human; Activities; Uttrakhand State; India;
With modernization and industrialization, a lot of pressure has been built on nature and natural resource hence the environment is facing adverse conditions. With human intervention the pollution level had been increased in last two centuries resulting in exploitation of soil, air and water environment. The present study focuses on the effect of human activities on Tons river in Dehradun district of Uttrakhand state. Hydrobiological alterations were observed in the form of water retention in small dams and also diversion of water through channels for the purpose of irrigation, drinking and washing. Construction of such small dams and water channel has disturbed the flow rate and volume of water as a result the path of fishes is blocked and difference in the plankton and biotic community took place. Anthropogenic activities affect the physico-chemical and biological nature of water. Agricultural activities and grazing by domestic animals near the bank of the river were observed to be one of the major causes of stress on river.
Other Latest Articles
- VIDEO DENOISING USING SWITCHING ADAPTIVE DECISION BASED ALGORITHM WITH ROBUST MOTION ESTIMATION TECHNIQUE
- Well-organized association Pattern Mining using Multi-relational Data Cubes?
- A Review of the Vulnerabilities of Web Applications?
- COLLECTING MAIZE LANDRACES IN ALBANIA
- REDUCTION OF ENERGY AND WATER CONSUMPTION IN SOFT DRINKS PRODUCTION, AS A RESULT OF IMPLEMENTATION OF THE CLEANER PRODUCTION PRINCIPLES
Last modified: 2013-12-03 18:43:56