ResearchBib Share Your Research, Maximize Your Social Impacts
Sign for Notice Everyday Sign up >> Login

Study of Farm Mechanization Gaps in the Cultivation of Cotton Crop

Journal: International Research Journal of Advanced Engineering and Science (IRJAES) (Vol.1, No. 4)

Publication Date:

Authors : ; ; ;

Page : 71-73

Keywords : Survey; farm implements; mechanization; farmer demand.;

Source : Downloadexternal Find it from : Google Scholarexternal

Abstract

A survey was carried out in Akola district for finding out the farm mechanization gaps in cultivation of cotton crop. Initially structured questionnaire was prepared to assess the level of mechanization of different farm operations in the cultivation of cotton crop. The main aspire of the study was to make out farm tool / machinery requisite to be urbanized for cotton cultivation. With the help of questionnaire, 175 farmers cultivating cotton were personally interviewed in seven Tahsils of Akola district. Out of total farmer contacted 80 per cent farmer are under rain fed area, remaining 20 per cent farmers used electric motor for irrigation. No use of diesel engine was reported. Out of total farmer contracted 26 per cent of the farmers asked for cotton picking machine. About 11 per cent were demanding for cotton uprooting machine, 14 per cent were demanding for bullock drawn planter, 2 per cent for weeding machine and remaining 47 per cent have expressed the satisfaction about quality of work of implements possessed by them.

Last modified: 2016-11-18 19:03:29