DYEING OF SILK WITH LAWSONIA INERMIS [HENNA] EXTRACT AND STUDY ON THEIR FASTNESS PROPERTIESJournal: INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RESEARCH -GRANTHAALAYAH (Vol.4, No. 2)
Publication Date: 2016-02-28
Authors : P.Ramasubramaniam; Anandhavel.R; Nataraj.P; Tamil Selvan.R; Selva Kumaran.B;
Page : 101-106
Keywords : Lawsonia Inermis; Potash Alum; Mordant.;
The main focus of the project was to dye the silk fabric using Lawsonia Inermis dye (Henna). Dyeing of silk using henna would be possible using mordant. Potash Alum was chosen as the mordant because of its environment friendly nature. Four dyed samples were prepared as follows- sample dyed without mordant, sample dyed premordanted, sample dyed post mordanted, and simultaneous mordented. Better results were obtained when dye extraction was carried out in alkaline condition (pH 9) and dyeing in acidic medium (pH 5). Different hues were obtained on silk fabric samples from the same dye extract. Their fastness properties were studied and it was found that the simultaneous mordanted samples displayed a better fastness properties compared to the others.
Other Latest Articles
- EFFECTIVENESS OF MEDICAL STUDENTS’ MATHEMATICAL COMPETENCE FORMATION THROUGHOUT E-LEARNING PROCESS
- MODEL OF CLOUD SERVICE FOR SEARCHING OPTIMUM PATH
- APPLICATION OF THE METHOD OF PULSE SOUNDING THE SUBSTANCE FOR IDENTIFYING AND MEASURING THE DIELECTRIC PROPERTIES OF POLAR LIQUIDS
- MORAL CYBER-SOCIAL GOVERNANCE
- MEDICÍNSKO-PRÁVNÍ ASPEKTY PRINCIPU "DE LEGE ARTIS MEDICINAE"
Last modified: 2017-09-22 18:04:19